Wednesday, November 8, 2006

Yo, Empress


It's been awhile since I've seen you. Perhaps we could get together, I dunno, saturday at elevenish? I'll be on campus at that time, because there's a hot dog with my name on it from my work. I guess I'd understand if you were busy, though.

You see, gentle readers, I'll let you in on the secret: the empress has a much better paying and much more busy work life than I do. I sit around stapling papers for people for three hours a day, five days a week. The empress, on the other hand, does a good deal more work, harder work, and at stranger hours than me. It is for this reason that she can afford to live in the cute, cute house that she does, with the porch and the claw foot tub and the random hole in the closet to hide mexicans in.

On the subject of great music, however, I would like to direct you people to The Magnetic Fields. Finally, some cool and funky music that I did NOT get from the empress! It's truly amazing. I've been making my way through this album, and there's some gems on it. There's some other songs that I really don't know what to make of, but the good ones make it totally worth it. Where else will you get a cd of love songs that includes "(Crazy for you but) Not that Crazy," "Busby Berkeley Dreams," "I'm Sorry I Love You," and "Love is Like a Bottle of Gin?"

My favorites so far? "Long-Forgotten Fairytale" and "Washington, DC."

No comments: