Monday, November 6, 2006

Office Job

I've discovered a few perks of working in an office full of academic advisors. One of the perks is that they don't have a whole lot of work for me to do, so they encourage me to take my time on every project I do. I thus get to spend long amounts of time sauntering about campus, delivering "urgent" envelopes to various buildings.

Another perk is free and easy talking with advisors. While they are technically not supposed to advise me because I'm not in that college, one of the advisors has taken something of a liking to me and we are going to get together this week to talk about stuff. She happens to have done her undergrad and graduate work in my major, so I'm going to pick her brain a little bit.

As we were setting up my appointment with her, she stuffed a cd into my hands, telling me to borrow it and listen to the music, because she thinks I would like it.

I like my job.

No comments: