Friday, November 24, 2006

Maybe Someday You'll See Them

Today being the day after Thanksgiving, I had the day off work. And school. Just like every other student in America.

Not like every other student in America, I spent the day taking pictures with various cameras- a fisheye camera, two pinhole cameras, and my trusty old digital camera. We got some pretty cool shots with the fisheye, as well as some truly mediocre ones, and we had mixed results with the pinholes. It was great fun taping towels and blankets over the door and windows of the bathroom to create our very own darkroom, and the little red lightbulb gave it the mark of authenticity (also the mark of being able to see what you're doing. A darkroom is, to put it bluntly, very dark). It was pretty nifty swishing the pictures around in the various solutions and watching them develop, and I hope someday to create more focused pieces. This being my first experience with this type of photography, it took several tries before my pictures came out recognizably, and even then they weren't very well composed.

Fortunately, I get to try again tomorrow.

(props to my mother, who is posting this for me, as I'm separated from computers that get along with blogger right now)

No comments: