Wednesday, March 1, 2006

I never knew I was an emotional person

I've never been one to cry in public about things that are beautiful, or moving, or whatever. Usually when I cry it's because I'm mad, or feel insulted or embarrassed or something. I pride myself on being an oversensitive baby, not on being an emotional blubberer.

I now know what it is that can turn me into the second type of person: sports. I know, you're thinking, "huh?"

During the Olympics, I got all misty at least three times, as teams won hard-fought games, as an exhausted cross country skier's little daughter ran through the snow to hug her after she won gold, etc, etc.

I'm not sure where I was going with this train of thought. I have no pithy statement to make at the end of this post, no punchline. Sorry.

No comments: