Sunday, April 23, 2006

So Very Confused

Last night I dreamt that I was in Hong Kong, in a mall, trying to find a Taco Bell. I never found one, so instead I ate at some fast food chinese place, then went to explore the mall. This mall was odd in that it was like fifteen stories high, and each level was specialized. I only saw the first two levels, and the stairs between levels were really strange, too. They were like, not made up of 90 degree angles, but of a bunch of really obtuse angles, so it was more like trying to climb up a steep ramp with a bunch of bumps in it. I ran up the stairs, and as I came onto the landing of the second level, some guy who was watching me commented, "it's intrinsic." I don't know what he meant by that. So the first floor was like clothing and restaurants, and the second level was all stores to cater to children, with like supermarket pony ride things, you know the ones where you stick a quarter in and they rock back and forth, and the stores were set up so you made like a western movie of your kid riding this plastic horse thing. It was all very bizarre. I went into one of these stores, to ask where I could find a Taco Bell, and the guy asked me where I had eaten. I told him, "Oh, some crappy fast food place with like chinese fast food," and he got really upset. Apparently in Dream Hong Kong, they don't use the word "crappy" as liberally as I do, and he was insulted. He finally told me that there was one Taco Bell in Hong Kong, in the Seyoon province, right near Leningrad. I kid you not. That is exactly what he said to me. After being told where to find Taco Bell, I went back to the first floor by way of stairs on the outside of the building, because the mall was really dark inside, and who do you think I saw standing in a very small crowd of people? That's right, George Bush. I had my camera with me, so I took a picture of him to show to the people back home. I also took pictures of the strange obtuse stairs, and I had some person take a picture of me wearing a very sparkly coat while holding a giant dictionary, in one of the clothing stores.

Perhaps I shouldn't have drunk that mixture of milk and pineapple juice before I went to bed last night.

No comments: