Thursday, April 20, 2006

The End is Near


I can feel it coming. I'm leaving in less than a week. Leaving forever. It's been tough, watching my roommates gradually packing stuff up and taking it back to their hometown about an hour south. Every time I look around the apartment, it seems less and less like home, and more and more like the empty shell I saw when I first moved in 8 months ago. It's going to be hard to say goodbye to people, to the university, to the wide open prairies. Excuse me while I let out a sad little sigh.

On the other hand, I've only got one more final to write tomorrow, then I'm free to do whatever I please for the next few days. Probably "whatever I please" is going to be packing up all my stuff, getting a big ol' oil change, and doing a bunch of business-like stuff to get ready for not living here anymore. Maybe I'll set aside some time to play with my $5 badminton set with a friend, spending some last minute quality time. I also have grand plans of playing ping pong on monday night in between FHE and when I have to head over to the airport to pick up my sister.

No comments: