Thursday, January 26, 2006

As far as I know, this isn't going to become a workout blog.

This whole "being a responsible adult" thing is totally a drag. Like, I'm supposed to be awake every day before noon? And during the wee morning hour of 8:30 I have to be at the gym? Expending energy? Ugh.

Well. I've made it the past three weeks, working out at least 3 times each week. I haven't died or fainted or broken any machines yet, and it seems to be getting a little easier to work out for an hour straight than it was three weeks ago, so I guess that's a good thing. I need to up the frequency of my workouts to every day, though. That's my current goal, which will probably take another three weeks to fulfill. After that I'll probably try out for the Olympics or something. You know, just to keep myself going.

Oh yeah, you know the other thing I don't like about being responsible? Reading stuff and being ready for classes. Also going to classes isn't fun. Well, I guess it IS fun, just, it isn't fun to decide to go. Pretty much anything that's good for me, it takes me like ALL of my willpower to get up and go do it. Like, I can be sitting in my room, thinking, "I can't possibly go to the gym today. I'm way too asleep and don't have enough time," but as long as I get shoved out the door by one of my roommates or by my guilt, I have a great time, not tired at all, completely fine with working out for an hour. Same with going to class or church or grocery shopping. Except for my class last night. I really was too tired for that, as I found out when I had the hardest time sitting upright in my chair for that hour and a half. Ugh.

No comments: