Sunday, January 22, 2006

And I guess that's why they call it the blues

I just spent three hours sitting on the couch, watching some PBS shows on the Blues. It was truly fascinating stuff, and I enjoyed it, but I found something odd about it. During one of the shows, they had various current musicians playing old songs by old musicians- they would show the current person singing and playing for a good thirty seconds, then their name and the name of the song would pop up on the screen. Anyway, as I was sitting there watching, they showed an older, red-haired woman singing. I looked at her, and thought to myself, "that's Bonnie Raitt." Turns out, hey, I was right! The odd thing is, I don't really know who Bonnie Raitt is. I don't know what kind of music she generally plays, I don't know what her voice sounds like. I have no idea how it is I recognize her face and place her name with it, when I know absolutely nothing about her. And that, my friends, is my slightly interesting story for the day.

No comments: