Monday, June 27, 2005

This is Texas.


Awhile back, I went to South Carolina for the visiting of family and the attending of a wedding. We flew, and I had fun photographing the nifty strange circular fields. What gives? do crops grow better when planted in circles instead of squares? Wouldn't it be easier to do straight lines? How in the world did they get these fields so perfectly shaped? I think it must be aliens. As you can see, I'm having trouble with getting the font the right size. Give me some time. I'll figure it out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

many of them are in circles because of the watering system they use. a big long pipe held up by wheels every so many feet rotates around the feild just like the hand on a clock. the center is the supply of water.

ViolaSaint said...

wow. Thanks, anonymous. I'm amazed that anyone would care enough to answer my strange questions, but that makes absolute sense. I've even seen the watering things you're talking about. I've just never put two and two together.

Anonymous said...

oh yeah, this is Ned, Isabel's friend

ViolaSaint said...

Ned! How cool! Good to see you, man.