Wednesday, June 8, 2005

*Sigh* (but a happy sigh, not a depressed one like usual)

Okay, so I know I'm being a little girly and swoony, but, you know. I met this guy. Well, really, I met him a few months ago, but I never really got to know him very well. Last night a bunch of us from church went on a night hike. We left a little before sunset, with about thirty of us walking along the wide-paved road/trail thing. By the time it was dark, only about ten of us were still going- people aren't terribly into hiking, I guess. But us few hardcore hikers had a fun time. After a while, five people wanted to keep going the 3/4 of a mile to the end, but three others wanted to go back. I wanted to keep going, but as one of the three was my roommate and ride for the evening, I decided to go back with them. So the four of us, my roommate and I and two guys, walked along for a while, making small talk in the almost-pitch-black. After a little bit, I don't know if me and my companion were speedy, or if my roommate and her companion dropped behind, but we were suddenly paired off. Which was okay. I always get nervous trying to talk to more than one person at a time anyway. So we had a very interesting conversation for the three miles back to the parking lot. We got to know each other better, our disparate personal histories (VERY disparate), thoughts and feelings on various subjects, etc. It was really nice, and the setting was so pleasant- dark canyon, crickets chirping, frogs making sheep-noises, a cool breeze, and towards the end, we got out of the canyon and could see the city lights. Very nice. But this guy. He is one of the sweetest people I've ever met. Really very sweet, and thoughtful (as in, he thinks. Not like, he held the door open for me. Not that he wouldn't hold the door open. I'm sure he's thoughtful in that way, too. He just seems like the kind of guy that could probably solve all of the world's problems if you gave him some time). He's cute, too. Well, at least I think he's cute. He's not Brad Pitt, or any kind of mainstream good-looking type of face. But he has a kind face, and friendly and gentle expressions. And I fear I'm being too swoony and babbling a little. I just wanted to get that out in the open so that everyone can mock me. Feel free to mock me in person, over IM, or on the phone. I want to talk to an actual person in real time about this. It's still not off my chest.

No comments: