Monday, June 20, 2005

Where do dentists go to gas up their cars?

The filling station, dummy!*

So I got two fillings this morning. I'm really glad that we found this dentist, because he's just great. And his staff are just great. And they don't hurt you. And if they do hurt you, they make you tell them so they can fix it and not hurt you anymore. And they give you a cd player to listen to so you don't hear the whine of the drill as much. But today I brought my iPod, so I just borrowed the headphones from their cd player.

I chose to listen to the Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots album by the Flaming Lips, cause it's mostly soothing to me. But during Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots pt. 2, I realized how ironic and funny my choice of music was: there I was, with people grinding away chunks of my teeth, while chaos and unrestrained screaming ensued in my iPod. I had it turned up loud, but I was afraid the dentist might hear it and take it as some sort of commentary on his work, so I skipped ahead to the next song.

*taken from the crappy Kids' Meal toys that we have at work right now. No joke. Except it IS a joke. Never mind.

No comments: