Friday, June 3, 2005

The Exciting News

I'm writing this from my new apartment. That's right, I no longer live with my parents, and I finally have the chance to share a tiny room with someone, use a shower that has sub-par water pressure, and not be able to run inside for fear of disturbing the downstairs neighbors! Wow. When you put it that way, it seems like kind of a stupid move. Especially when you consider that I have to pay to live here. But no, it's cool. We're talking about utilities right now. Woo-hoo! Water and electricity and cable, oh my! So. I'm getting my introduction to roommate politics tonight, as one roommate is here, and the other is out. I fear that I won't be very good at it. What if I say the wrong thing? I could be snubbed forever! Fortunately, I'm only here for three months, till I go to far and away places for school in the fall. Great. Only I could pick the three least comfortable months of the year to change my housing from place-I-live-in-for-free-and-get-great-air-conditioning-and-water-pressure to place-I-have-to-pay-for-crappy-water-pressure-and-air. Hopefully the excellent social life will make up for it. Sigh. It's like every half hour I swing from "I'm so excited to be away from my parents and living on my own with cool people" to "I can't believe I just traded in my free and easy life of sitting around in a big ol' empty house watching tv all day and living with people I'm comfortable with." Right now I'm feeling like I want to cry and run home, but just watch- in a little while, I'll be basking in the glory of living away from my parents.

I am going to have to raid my parents' house tomorrow, though- for advil, sunflower seeds, a trash can and a fan.

No comments: