Sunday, May 6, 2007

Baby Steps

I may have said this before, but I'm very excited and proud of myself for my monumental achievement. I had a dental appointment this December, and as the hygenist wrenched at my teeth with various picks and brushes, she made the same remark that every hygenist I've had has made since I started going to the dentist as a child. She stated that everything would be so much easier if I flossed, like, ever.

Each time previously, I've always noodded penitently, but inwardly thought, why torture myself with that horrible painful string every day when I can just have you people get rid of it twice a year? I'm not entirely sure what made the difference this time, maybe it was the cool plastic flossing wand she handed me on my way out the door? For whatever reason, I decided to start flossing every day. I've done pretty good so far, in that I started doing it on the first of January and I've only missed two days since then. I know that I've got a lot of work to do, and that this is only the beginning, but I'm just so proud of my accomplishment so far. Here's a quick chart to show the progress I've made:

Years spent flossing (blue) vs not flossing (purple)

No comments: