Tuesday, March 22, 2005

just so you know...

I'm back. And I'm tired. Too many nights up past my bedtime, and too many mornings where I woke up. Instead of being asleep till afternoon. All in all, it was the most excellent spring break I've ever had, which is saying a lot since I've been through a whole ONE of them before this. I should spend more weeks with no responsibilities besides having as much fun as I can. I think that would improve my morale a lot.

In other news, I'm totally excited about leaving for a far-and-away school next year. If I wasn't so tired, I would leap for joy. As it is, I'm leaping inside my head, and it's starting to make me go cross-eyed. If you hadn't noticed yet, I'm going to a different school next year, and I'm exuberant. You'll be hearing about this probably for the next five months or so. After that, you'll be hearing about what I'm actually DOING there. So I had the "placement meeting" today with about 25 other students from my school who are going to various places in and around the US. We filled out forms and told each other where we are going and generally felt excited and learned a little more about what is expected of us to make our exchanges happen smoothly. I love filling out forms. I never get tired of telling people my full name, address, phone number, social security number, and emergency contact information. It's so fun to look and see a nicely filled out form, giving the reader a short and sweet dossier about me. Sometimes I fill out both the "current address" and "permanent home address" lines, even though they are the same for me, just so the form looks complete and useful. I mean, who wants to read a form that has a big empty space right in the middle where there should be juicy numbers and information? Not me, that's who.

No comments: