Friday, May 20, 2005

Par-tay!

Am I wrong in saying that just about every single person on this planet except me has been to Rocky Point at some time or another? We're all sitting around tonight, talking, and they decide we're going there in a couple of weeks. They start talking about their last trip there, and how much fun it was. Rocky Point is the destination of choice for the entire university for spring break. All of my coworkers have gone there. Families from church go down there. I have never been there. The closest I got was when our dog was sick and the prescription was way cheaper in Mexico, so we went like two blocks into Nogales to a pharmacia. Then we came back out, went to McDonald's, and went home. It's so sad that the only time I've been to another country was to buy a bunch of pills for a dog. Sigh. Well, I guess that's why I'm going to Parts Unknown for school next year. Except I'd hardly call Canada another country. More like, I dunno. North Montana. Anyway, I probably won't go on this Rocky Point trip. A certain matronly person that I live with doesn't think it proper for me to go anywhere overnight in a group that includes males. Yet another reason why I have no friends. I don't do anything fun. Kind of a chicken-or-the-egg thing...

1 comment:

Krista said...

Yes, you are wrong. Many people I know have never even heard of it. And co-ed sleepovers really aren't the coolest things, yo. Well, depends on the people, I shpeck. The couple I went on was okay, but we had more boundries than I suspect the one you talk about might have. Good luck in Northern Montana- you'll find plenty o' friends- trust me.