Saturday, January 2, 2010

Favorite Moments in 2009

  • Making it through the first year at my job. Not only did I not get fired during the first year, but I also didn't quit! I think that's a hurrah.
  • Making my first cheese. It was a cheddar.
  • We made the move back from an apartment to a house. With a backyard! Putting up the Christmas lights on our house made me happy.
  • Traveling with my friend Cammie. I keep needing to pinch myself to remember that this most fabulous of women is actually my friend. San Diego, Los Angeles, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon.
  • Seeing Ira Glass. I felt kind of grownup, paying to see a man tell stories I could've just listened to on the radio for free. I liked it.
  • Hurrah, two weeks with Krista.
  • I can overcome physical challenges! 80 miles on a bike, 14 miles on a hike. Maybe in 2010 I will learn to overcome these challenges with some shred of grace and dignity. Bring it on, 2010!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I got to be part of a few of those things.

Sometimes, I pinch myself...